Ground pork 500g
Ham (minced) 100g
Sugar 85g (I reduced the sugar from original recipe)
Honey 1 big Tbsp
Fish Sauce (魚露) 2 Tbsp
Shaoxing Cooking Wine (紹興酒) 1 Tbsp
Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp
White Pepper ½ Tsp (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Mix all ingredients in mixer for 2 mins.
- Put one big scoop of mixture on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and roll out to 3-4mm thick.
- Put in centre of the oven for 15 mins.
- Cut the pork into squares with pizza cutter.
- Set oven to grill on Hi, put the baking sheet in for 3 – 3.5 mins.
- Turn the jerky over and grill for 3 – 3.5 mins again.
- The colour will darken after.
|Before it went in the oven for the first time|
I followed the original recipe to pan sear the first batch. They got burnt very quickly. The picture below shows the ones I had left. I decided to use the oven grill method in the second batch and they came out just right. Each batch yields about 30 pieces of 2” x 2” squares.
|First batch, some burnt marks, actually more on the reverse side of some|