Sunday, April 17, 2011

chestnut bun (栗子包) / shredded pork bun (肉鬆包)


Ho has been sweeping all chestnut buns from a local bakery every time he saw them available there.  He asked me if I could make them at home.  After big success of the sausage buns, i don't see a problem with that.  Just that I don't have time to make the chestnut puree myself.  I told him if he could find the Hero canned chestnut puree for me, I would do it.  This is not an easy task as the only one store in the area which carries it has been out of stock for a long time.  It is not cheap either.  I was surprised that he loved the buns so much that he went to the store to check stock every other day.  He came home one day excitedly telling me that he bought 2 cans, the only 2 they had at the store.









I have to look after my kids' taste buds too.  So I made sausage buns again.  Then what about my taste buds?  I like shredded pork buns, I mixed 1 1/2 tablespoon of shredded pork with 2 teaspoons of mayo to fill the rolled out dough. Mmm...



For bread dough, follow my sausage buns recipe.

Chestnut filling -

Ingredients:

Method:
  1. Whisk egg yolk, vanilla, and cream in saucepan over low heat until thickened.
  2. Add to chestnut puree in large mixing bowl.
  3. Mix at high speed until smooth.
  4. Cover with plastic wrap.  Set aside until cool and ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment