At dinner time, Ho asked me, "Is it hard to make 芒椰奶西 Mango coconut tapioca?" Jennifer and Francis were with us at the time, we all think that it shouldn't be that hard. Basically the name of the dessert says it all. So we paid a visit to grocery store to pick up the ingredients for our experiement. As you can see from the pictures, it was a success.
Ingredients (serves 6):
1/4 cup tapioca
1 1/2 cup water
8 oz mango puree
10 oz coconut milk
1 cup icecubes
sugar to taste
- Bring water to boil.
- Pour in tapioca, boil for 5 mins. Turn off heat and leave tapioca in hot water for 20 mins until the colour is clear.
- Rinse them in sieve under cold water. Set aside.
- Mix mango puree, coconut milk and ice with blender.
- Taste, if necessary, add sugar and blend a few more seconds.
- Put one scoop of reserved tapioca in glass, pour mango mixture in and stir.
- Add a few mango cubes and drizzle extra coconut milk on top as garnishing.
It can easily turn into 楊枝甘露 if you mix in pomelo bits.