Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A few from Livie

1) Journal

Livie was very excited to tell me that she started to write journal at school, just like Adrian. I could tell that she felt like a bigger kid because of this new work.
Me: I can't wait to read it! What did you write?
Olivia: I wrote about our trip to New York. I told the teacher about the gigantic Ferris Wheel.
Me: Wow, that's great! You know the word "gigantic"? How did you spell it?
Olivia: Oh, I didn't write that word.

2)  A few more bites
Livie has not been eating well in the past 2 years. We have to negotiate how many more bites she has to eat at the end of every meal. It's dinner time again...
Olivia: Mommy, how many more bites do you want me to eat, eight?
Me: Sure, you'll be a very good girl if you can eat eight more bites.
Olivia: Ok, let's start counting from 4.
Me: ...

3) After dinner
Livie loves it when I hold her upside down.  She requested it again today after dinner.
Me: No, you're going to throw up.
Olivia: I'll close my mouth.
Once again, I'm speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment