Monday, October 4, 2010

Nightwaking

We were awakened by Livie’s screaming cry at 5am this morning. Both Ho and I ran to her room to see what happened. We found out that she just woke up and wanted to turn off her CD player but mistakenly switched on the radio really loud. I gave her a hug and wiped her tears while Ho took his pillow getting ready to stay in her room with her. After a short while without waking daddy up, she came to my room to tell me that she couldn’t sleep. I took her to my bed, hoping she could fall asleep soon. It didn’t work however. I tried holding her, massaging her, taking her to the washroom, holding her hands, nothing worked. She had been waking me up every 15 mins to tell me that she still couldn’t sleep. At 6am, I said, “Sweetie, do you want to try lying down? You may fall asleep easier that way. Mommy has 2 meetings in the morning and my boss will not be happy if I’m late.” She finally lied down, held my hand and tossed a little. When I woke up again at 7am, she was sound asleep like an angel.

I could feel her love to me by just looking at her. When I left for work, I just couldn’t resist giving her a big kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment