Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bagel - Breakfast Bread Week #5



Since the instructor will not be available next week, she combined 2 classes into one.  We made bagels and coffee cakes in the 4-hour class.  Of course we went overtime.  What a hectic class!  Yet I think this is a better arrangement because otherwise class doing bagels only would be too short with a lot of waiting time.



This is my first time making bagels so I didn’t know I had to press on the poppy seeds before the final proof.  Most of my poppy seeds fell out!   Cherry said my bagels looked like dirty belly buttons.  That kind of spoiled the appetite, didn’t it?  The picture shown above has the most poppy seeds left.

 

Yet the bagels are very soft inside.  I’m glad that I chose to make cinnamon raisin bagels.  They’re great!  (At least the raisins didn’t fall out… J)

No comments:

Post a Comment