Sunday, June 27, 2010

Double Cheese Kolaches


It's sleepover day for Jennifer and Francis at our house.  Poor them didn't get much sleep because Adrian and Livie slept in middle of their beds.  So uncle and auntie had to sleep on the coach.  I was going to make big breakfast at home but celebrating D's birthday at karaoke went really late last night.  No time for grocery shopping.  I still wouldn't give up.  I started the bread dough early but who am I kidding?  There's no way to have this bread ready...  but I started it already...  So I went to pick up Mr. M's big breakfast for them and got some cheese on my way to complete this bread.

This is a great recipe from Canadian Living.  Yet I forgot to put salt in the dough.  Someone on the internet suggested making a paste with salt, flour, and water and knead it in the finished dough.  It worked!  The bread come out fine.  Just that because we had to go to see the Toy Story 3 movie, I couldn't stay at home till the end of the baking time.  Luckily our nanny was home to do our weekly cleaning, so she took it out for me.    I think the bread was left in the pan for too long.  It dried up a little, but it's still very good.

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/double_cheese_kolaches.php




No comments:

Post a Comment