Friday, June 18, 2010

Chilled Cantaloupe Soup


I intended to have 3 friends coming over for dinner, ended up only D could come because the other 2 had to attend a golfing and dinner event.   Ho was invited too but he skipped the dinner and came back to have dinner with us, which meant I had to do all the grocery buying and cooking.  Luckily we had a simple menu in mind and all of them needed little preparation.  Sashimi salad and rack of lamb were simple, we had done those before.  Thanks Jennifer for the chilled soup idea, I found this recipe from Recipezaar.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Chilled-Cantaloupe-Soup-135141

This one was so easy to make.  All you need to do is cut up one cantaloupe, pour 2 cups of orange juice, 1 tbsp of lime juice, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, blend them all together.  That's it!  Just add 2 hours of chilling time.  The most time consuming part is cutting the cantaloupe.  I cut it last night and left it in the fridge overnight to speed up the chilling.   The original recipe said 1 hour but I think it's not enough.  I made the soup when D arrived at our house around 7:10pm.  By the time we had dinner, it's 8:20pm.  The soup was still not very cold yet.  Even though I don't like cinnamon much but its presence is important in this recipe because the soup will taste like normal blended fruit juice without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment