Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reading

Tonight both kids offered to read me a story before bedtime.  Adrian will be 7 in 2 weeks and Livie will be 5 in 6 weeks.  Both of them picked a Dr. Seuss book.  Adrian has been reading very well since SK so I let him do it.   When I looked at Livie’s 62-page book, even though there was only one short paragraph on every page, I didn’t expect Livie to be able to really read it.  I said to her, “You don’t have to do the whole book.  It's so long.  You are going to just recite from what you heard from class, right?”  As she started reading, she was serious.  She went on and on!  She couldn’t remember that much, she was really reading!  I was so impressed.  I only hinted her no more than 5 words.  Then she finished the whole book.  I’m so proud of you, Livie!

No comments:

Post a Comment