Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pork Back Ribs




Bought the ribs awhile back.  I've always thought that it would take a long time to marinade and cook it.  Found a quick and easy marinade from Canadian Living online so I tried it, added a few more things myself.  It was very good and juicy.  Total time used might be 1 hour 40 mins only, that includes oven time already.  

Look how juicy it is?  Bones fall off right at the first bite!



Adrian also likes it a lot.  He's packing some for lunch too, with corn and veggie noodles...  Yummy...



I better type the recipe out before I forget what I added:

Marinade for one rack of ribs

ketchup 1 cup (I think it can be reduced to 3/4 cup next time, I find the taste was too overpowering)

red wine vinegar 1/4 cup

sugar 1 tbsp

worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp

cajun spice  2 tsp (I used Emeril Essence which I mixed from scratch, recipe gotten online)

Rest of the ingredients are my personal addition:

corn syrup 2 tbsp

onion powder 1 1/2 tbsp

minced garlic 1 tsp

unsweetened apple sauce 1/3 cup

Mix everything together.  Brush 2/3 of the marinade on ribs and leave it on for at least 30 mins.  Put in foil lined roasting pan, cover with foil and place on lowest rack in the oven at 350 degrees F  for 1 hour.  Remove the foil cover, braise with remaining marinade.  Move the pan to top rack and broil on high for 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment