Monday, April 19, 2010

Mango Mousse Cake



Another cake I brought to the Saturday dinner party.  Not as pretty as the Strawberry Shortcake.  Didn't have time to wait for the mousse to be chilled and I didn't have the 8" springform to keep the mousse and mango mirror from dripping on the side.  

I'm quite happy with the mirror.  Very easy to make.  Yet I will modify the mousse recipe next time.  The gelatin wasn't enough to keep the mousse from falling.  The taste was good though.  Ho likes the sponge cake a lot.  very easy to make.  I'll keep the recipe for other layer cakes too.

Again, didn't have good lighting for the pictures.  This is already the best shot of all sliced views we could get.



After standing for 4 hours in the baking class, I went home straight after to make “san tsin bao” n this mousse cake.  Managed to leave the house for party at 6:50pm.  Then stood by friend’s stove to pan fry the bao until 7:40pm.  I stood for more than 11 hours straight started from GB class!

No comments:

Post a Comment