Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mango Bavarian Cream













I wasn't going to make anything tonight but found this Indian Alphonso Mango Pulp in a can when I picked up grocery at a store.  Couldn't help it so I made the mango version of Bavarian Cream.  I think this pulp is too watery.  somehow the pulp keep sinking to the bottom.  It affected the chilling process which made the cream broke when I flipped it out.  I may try putting the puree in earlier or adding more gelatin next time.  I also agree with Cherry that it does taste a little salty.  It wasn't as noticeable when we made it with the chocolate at GB.  Maybe because I reduced the sugar to compensate the sweet mango puree.  I'll reduce the salt next time too.  Well, other than that, it still tastes sinfully good.

You can see the mango puree at the top.

This is the alphonso mango pulp I bought from Chinese grocery store today.  $3.49 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment