Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scallops Carbonara

Even though my mind was well trained by my mom that every dinner should consist of a full table of food, being a working mom, I need to find all the one-dish dinner ideas I can get.  Sometimes just pick up something different at the grocery store and decide what to do with it later can be refreshing.  That's what I did this time.  Got this recipe from my favourite Recipezaar website. http://www.recipezaar.com/Scallops-Carbonara-103457



The original recipe required white wine and toasted red pepper.  I had neither of those, so I used sake and asperagus instead.  Adrian kept saying, "I smell something good!" while I was cooking.  Of course, he was smelling the bacon, sake, shallot and garlic.  Yum, I liked it, daddy liked it, Adrian liked it (except for the veggies), Livie only wanted plain pasta but she finished 2/3 of the pasta with sauce in her bowl.

When I cleaned up the kitchen, I saw some leftover bacon and asperagus, don't want to waste them so, I made:





Very satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment