Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Boursin Stuffed Chicken Breast



http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Bacon-Wrapped-Boursin-Stuffed-Chicken-Breasts-a-Deux-214740

Another recipe picked from Recipezaar.  After this, I concluded that I'm not a white meat person.  Sorry, I just don't find it juicy enough for me.  Looked nice on the plate though.  Even though I believe the chicken breasts were not much over cooked, I didn't like the texture.  I know it's just me, because Adrian liked it so much that he ate 5 full slices of them and asked for more.  I had to stop him since he already had pasta to go with them. 

The dish is very easy to make.  I don't have a chef's mallet at home, so I used the handle of my metal ice-cream scoop to beat the chicken breasts to the required thickness.  I used a small wooden roller at the beginning but almost threw it at the stove!  Holding the ice cream scoop on the round side gave me a good grip.  Finally got thin slices of chicken breasts and spread boursin cheese on each and rolled them up.  I know the size and thickness were right because I used exactly 3 slices of bacon to wrap each roll.  Did all this the night before.  I couldn't find any cherry tomatoes, just replaced them with regular tomatoes.



Maybe I didn't put enough cheese on.  I may still make it again, just that I'll replace the boursin cheese with brie and check doneness after leaving it in the oven for 40 mins.  I may also soak the chicken breasts in yogurt before wrapping the brie in it.  The texture may come out better.

Here's the cut up view. 



Adrian's review was one thumb up, Livie's was one thumb side way.  Mommy needs more practices to please the little princess!

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is amazing. I've been trying some easy chicken breast recipes and this one I will give a try this coming mother's day. I love the images and the instruction. thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete